Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Starting Fresh

Here I am starting fresh. Some of you know me from my other blog. I had to delete that one and start a new one. People I did not want reading about this part of my life found me. So the other blog is gone. I will not make the mistake of telling somebody about this blog like I did the last one.

So for those that find me and don’t know me here is a little about me. I started my journey to have a family in 2002. It took me five years to complete said family. I miscarried my first baby in Aug. of 2002. I then went on in 2003 to have my beautiful daughter. That pregnancy was considered some what high risk for the risk of incompetent cervix. I developed Gestational Diabetes and Pre-E. My water broke at 31 weeks and I had her 5 days later. She spent 3 weeks in the NICU and came home on a heart monitor.

In 2004 I started trying for another child and miscarried that baby in Dec. of 2004. I got pregnant again right away. This pregnancy start of with lots of bleeding and I just knew something was not right. At 19 weeks I was informed that there was a problem. After being sent to the MFM doctors I was giving the devastating news that she was so sick that it was fatal. I was induced and Emma Grace was born at 22 weeks on Aug. 4, 2005 at 9:30am. After her birth we then found out that my husband has a Chromosome Inversion and was the cause of our problems.

We pushed the envelope one more time and got pregnant again 8 weeks after we lost our daughter. This pregnancy was the worst roller coaster ride I had ever been on. Cerclaged at 13 weeks. Amnio at 14 weeks showing a baby boy with Daddy’s Inversion, but healthy. Cervix started to shorten at 23 weeks. Then put on bed complete bed rest at 25 weeks. Again I developed Gestational Diabetes. And at 31 weeks my Blood Pressure started to go up. At 35 weeks I then had severe Pre-E and was put on a Mag drip and induced. My son spent 9 days in the NICU and then came home with a clean bill of health.

Sadly my son will be my last child. My husband and I just could not do this roller coaster ride any more. So even though I would love to have more children we have put that to an end. The losses and all the stress of the pregnancies just aren’t worth it anymore.

So where am I at now. Doing my best to get though life and be happy again. I have good days and bad days. I love my children with all my heart and miss my sweet Emma Grace everyday

8 comments:

niobe said...

A new blog, a new start. I hope that you're able to maintain your privacy with this one. I'll be reading along and following your story.

kate said...

Hi, i'm here! Thanks for including me. I will update my links eventually but who knows when...i hope you can maintain your privacy here. Yeah, i know about that ;)

Rosepetal said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm here too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anissa, I changed the link, looks good!

A change might be just what you need :)

I'll keep checking my mail box, can't wait ;) XXX

Catherine said...

Are we allowed to link to your new home here?

Aurelia said...

Hi there!

Holy schmoley, I'm sorry someone intruded. That's so awful. I'm glad you have a new home. Keep adding links on your sidebar and we'll link to you in a few weeks, (I'll take off your old link now and add the new one later) and gradually people will clue in that you are here.

I'm so sorry...crap.

missing_one said...

I found you! I'm not going to link to your site though so maybe you'll stay un-found or do you want me to? hmm..

The Goddess G said...

Just came over from the baby loss directory. Thank you for sharing your story.
~Carole