Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Gavin's fine but mommy had a hard day

All in all yesterday’s appt. went really well. The doctor told me that he is fine at the moment but wants to see him back in two years. Yes two years. Now I will have to remember to make that appt. two years from now. The doctor was concerned with his right tactical. He told me that the (I don’t know what you would call it but I will call it the string) string that connects to his right tactical feels a little short. And that as he gets taller this could cause his right side to not stay down and go back up. So two years from now they want to make sure that this does not happen. So all in all pretty good news nothing to worry about at the moment. He did tell me though that if this happened that he would need surgery to correct that. So let’s just hope that does not happen.

What sucked about the appt. is a little strange. Why I say strange is because the weirdest things bother me. The office were I had to take Gavin used to be one of the office’s in the OB/GYN practice I use. They have about 6 offices. The only time I ever had to go to that office was when I was 12 weeks PG with Emma for a u/s the week before I got my cerclage. This fact bothered me so bad. At one point I almost broke down into tears. Just walking though that door made me remember how excited I was that day to see my baby again. The baby I would never get to keep. I still remember that u/s so well. She was moving all over the place and the tech told me she looked great. How that haunts me to this day. I know it was just a check to make sure baby was still alive before they put me though an unnecessary surgery. But if only she would have done more the just take a quick peek at her at that point maybe they would have seen how sick she was. All they did that day was measure her crown to rump length and make sure she was still alive. Little did I know at that time how things would turn out. I left that office that day happy as I could have ever been. And now to be in that office again only brought me pain and sadness. I hope that two years from now that this urologist will be in a different location because honestly I don’t want to have to go in there again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww sweetie, I'm glad everythings fine with Gavin :) XXX

niobe said...

Places can bring back memories so incredibly vividly. It's as though they transport us back in time.

It sounds like a very good sign that the urologist wants to wait two years to see Gavin again.

The Goddess G said...

Glad that Gavin got good news. I agree with Niobe. I have been back to the hospital where my OB is several times...even walking by the door is hard.
~Carole