Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Working Hard

Wow have I been busy. That is working my butt off. My second job scheduled me for 3 days last week. I usually only work Thursday and Friday night. But they had a few people taking some time off and needed my help on Saturday also. So only one day off Sunday. Then when I was at work Monday they asked if I could help them out in the field that night. So I worked in the office all day Monday then all night in the field Monday night. Then in the office all day again yesterday. When I got home yesterday I had been up since 4:00am Monday morning. Needless to say I was beat and went to bed a 5:00pm yesterday. The only good thing about all of this is that we need the money so bad right now. And since I make a pretty good hourly wage the overtime wage is awesome. Can’t wait to get my check next week with all this over time on it.

With my second income I have already paid off a couple of bills and I also get K’s after school paid for out of that. Her after school is expensive in my opinion. It is $50.00 per week. So that comes out to $200.00 or $250.00 per month if it is a 5 week month.

My next goal is to start buying Christmas. I will not charge Christmas this year. Cash only and I will not spend as much as I did last year. We went way over board last year. But last year K really wanted a car so we went ahead and got her the princess car that she wanted. And I will say it was worth the money she just loves that thing. I am just glad her driving skills have improved since the first time she drove it. Her first day out in that thing she ran into a wall. lol

So here I am back at work this morning and really wanting to go back to bed. So speaking of work I guess I had better get back to work and get some shit done.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ye, go get some shit done :)

Good luck for buying Christmas this year, hope it turns out beautifully even on a budget :) XXX

niobe said...

I really admire you for taking an extra job to pay off the bills and K's after school care. But I can see how exhausting and hard on you it must be.

This is just my personal opinion, but I think it shows that there's something really wrong with our economy when someone has to work two jobs just to provide the basic necessities for a family. Possibly it's because so many jobs have been outsourced to countries where they can pay almost nothing to the workers.

Aurelia said...

I admire you as well. Some people would just give up, but you are doing such a great job taking care of the bills you need to pay.

And good idea about christmas! A goal I should work towards!

Anonymous said...

You are one busy bee! OMG it must be great to pay off things in cash and get your Christmas done in all cash! Good for you. You must be exhausted though and deserve a rest...maybe a massage?

Kim said...

Hi Anissa!
I don't know if you remember me, but I journaled over at TLOL a while ago (KB-Widely Spaced). I always used to read and wondered what happened to you. I saw your link on Sabin's blog and was excited to find you! I will definitely be reading.

Take care,
Kim

Jillian said...

I feel exhausted for you - I figure you are too busy to be exhausted yourself!

We'll be doing the same for our Christmas this year too. The most important thing is to resist the Christmas Eve blowout taking cash for other things just to get a few small extras... all for the sake of 30 seconds more of present opening time and one more thing to be forgotten about!

Hope you get some rest soon:)

Lily said...

I was tired just reading this entry!