Thursday, March 13, 2008

Things seem to be worse then thought

So things with me have gone from bad to worse. The hospital referred me to a Gastro. Dr.. I now have the Gastro. Dr. confused from the results of my blood work from the hospital. He is not totally convinced I have hepatitis but there is something wrong with me. My Bilirubin, AST and ALT levels were way to high he said to be hepatitis. He said there is something wrong with me he just is not sure what is wrong. I went Monday and had 15 tubs of blood taken for him to run about 20 different test. He is trying to rule out just about everything. I have to say this has me very scared. I spent most of Monday thinking I am going to die. Let me just show how bad my levels came back from the hospital lab report.

Bilirubin 6.9 critical Normal Range 0.4 to 2.0
AST 895 critical Normal Range 14 to 32
ALT 2895 critical Normal Range 12 to 51

ALT is an insime your liver puts out when there is significant damage going on. He said even with patients with hepatitis these levels do not normally get this high.

So if you all could just keep me in your thoughts. I do not go back to the Gastro. Dr. until next Thursday. He hopes at that point all of my blood work will be back and he will know something. Some of the test he has done could take a week or two but he is hoping that all of them will be back at that point. But on one good note I am feeling so much better and my jaundice seems like it has gone away.

7 comments:

Lily said...

Oh my goodness, what a lot to take in...

With those lab values, you almost certainly have some sort of liver disease, imo. I truly hope the doctors sort this out soon. Remember, not all the possibilities are really bad.

Hang in there, and I will be thinkig of you and looking for updates.

Mrs Save Alot said...

youare in my thoughts and prayers. OMG I wish there were not your battle to fight right now with everything else going on Ack! Huge Hug from NJ

Kim said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

(((Hugs)))

Kim

GirlieN said...

Hang in there Anissa. I am thinking of you and sending positive vibes!

dena said...

Hugs and prayers to you right now. I am sure you are scared, I hope the doctor will have some answers for you soon:) (((((HUGS))))) Dena

Pam said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and will pray for a good outcome! BIG HUGS!!!

niobe said...

I just read this scary news. You're in my prayers.