Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I am Tired

So no new job for Tom yet. I get on line every morning and e-mail jobs to him to apply for but nothing yet. I have my fingers crossed on a really good job I found for him. He also gets first dibs at the interview because he is an injured veteran. So I really hope that one works out. Thursday I went on line and applied him for un-employment. Talk about pissed I asked him do to that Wed. but he did not do it. Mater of fact he did not do anything. I came home to a dirty house and him lying under a blanket on the couch watching TV. I asked him why the house was dirty and he said “I knew you going to bitch about that, I did not have time to do anything.” Well what the hell was he doing all day long? I mean I e-mail him 10 jobs to apply for but that does not take all day long. So not only did he not apply for his un-employment but he did not do anything around the house. Needless to say I was not happy and just took the kids outside to play and left him lying on the couch. I asked him to please call about the Cobra paper work today lets see if he can get that done.

Well Monday June 30th I go to get the results of my last set of blood work. I have my fingers crossed that I still come back with no viral load. And if I do that means for sure I cleared and all is well with my health. After that if it all comes back good I will only have to be checked once a year. So I am hoping for so good news Monday. I mean come I need some good news.

I also started working some night shifts at my main job again since Tom has no money coming in and I will need all the extra money I can get to pay for Cobra until we get more insurance. And working those night shifts really get me tired. I don't get much rest when I do this. But thankfully that is being worked out also. See my main job does not have any health insurance for me because they are a union contractor. The local union provides health insurance for all the union employees. And since I do not work in the union trade and I only work for a union contractor they do not provide me any health insurance. The union is self insured and you have to be in the union to get their coverage. So if my company were to get me health coverage I would be the only employee that they were covering and it would be very expensive. But being in this business you get very close with your subcontractors. So one of our subcontractors that is not union is going to put me on their payroll so that I can get their benefits. So I will just have to pay a few months of Cobra until my insurance kicks in with them. Thank goodness for good people who care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you the best and give you a virtual hug :)

X Artblog

Pam said...

It breaks my heart to read about what you are going through. I hope your health worries are cleared up on the 30th and you can at least rest easy about that.

As for you and Tom...I cannot presume to know what I would do unless I were in your shoes...but... You are so unhappy, and getting worse every day. I know you're staying for your kids, but are you sure it's what's best even for them? Even though they "think" that they want you and their dad together, they don't understand how different life would be if you were happy! Heck, I was an adult when my parents split and I still wanted them together. That part never changes no matter how old you are. They would learn to accept the new situation and would thrive in a happy environment.

A friend of mine just went though a similar situation and she is happier than she's been in years now that she and the kids are no longer living with her husband. It has been an adjustment for the kids, but now they're beginning to understand how different things are when there is no stress in the house! Okay, I'll stop now. I just hate to see you so unhappy!

Take care and do what is right for you!

Carole said...

Anissa,
Hoping that your bloodwork came back today looking good.

That's awesome about the insurance. Cobra really sucks.

Sending lots of good thoughts your way.
~Carole