Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Can things get any worse

Yesterday Tom got laid off from his job along with 5 other people. Its not the money I am worried about. Like I said before I am the main bread winner in the house hold. But his job held the health insurance. And with the health problems I am having right now. And the fact that G will have to go and see an ENT Dr. we need the insurance right now. And I know we can get Cobra until we get more insurance. But have any of you ever paid for Cobra? Well I have and it is outrageous.

The only good thing I have to look forward to today is that I am meeting with somebody about another possible job. And they do have health benefits. So maybe this will work out and we all will be ok on that end. That is all I can hope for.

But hell like don’t I have enough on my plate to deal with. Or can any more pile up and when will it all end. There has to be a stopping point somewhere, enough is enough I don’t know how much more I can deal with. And even though Tom is the one that lost his job I will be the one dealing with everything. So as soon as I post this I will get on line and start looking at jobs for him. Yes me looking for jobs for him or it won’t get done and he will not find a job soon. This is how it has always worked. I do the looking tell him where and he applies. He will not look himself. Everything always falls on my head. And I have no choice but to do it because he needs to have a job.

Perfect example, before bed last night he said to me “so since I am not working I guess you expect me to clean the house”. That is damn right I had better not come home to a dirty house if he is home all day. He also asked me if he had to keep the kids or could he take them to my moms. I told him he is to keep the kids and only take them over to my mothers if he has to go somewhere to apply for a job. Do you see why I feel the way I do. I have to force him to help. And do everything for him. He is lazy and will not do anything unless he is pushed to do it.

So more stress for me. Wish me luck that I find something good for him. And wish me luck that things start turning around soon or I just might lose it.

4 comments:

niobe said...

This is the kind of thing that makes me furious. You shouldn't have to deal with any more stress and I'm really, really sorry that Tom seems not to be able to hold up his share by looking for a new job. I don't even know what to say, because I just can't understand his attitude at all.

I'm so hoping that things start going better for you very soon. I can't believe how unfair this all is.

Rosepetal said...

Anissa, I'm really sorry this happened on top of everything else. I do hope that things turn around for you soon. ((((hugs))))

Lily said...

Oh good grief, I'm sorry this is happening right now, too. What awful timing. I have paid for Cobra before, so I know exactly what you're saying. If we had to do it, only one of us would be insured. There's no way we could afford the whole family. And T is a whole other hemorrhoid to deal with. You will get through this, you will get through this. {{{HUGS}}}

Kim said...

Anissa,
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this crap! I hope Tom finds another job soon!

Kim