Thursday, August 9, 2007

And my BF takes my breath away

I received a gift my Best Friend yesterday. And this gift shows first hand why I have held her so near and dear to my heart for so long. But first let me give you a little back ground to her gift before I tell you what it is.

When Emma passed away I told her the one thing that gives me comfort is knowing that she just might be up there with her mother. My Best Friend’s mother passed away due to ca.n.cer. At Emma’s viewing she and I were sitting with Emma and she pulled an angel pin out of her pocket. She handed me the pen and told me she got this for Emma so that her mother could find her. They also pinned one of these on her mother’s clothes. And to this day it gives me comfort thinking that her mother and Emma are together.

So yesterday I get a package in the mail. I think it is something for my birthday; she is so good about getting things mailed out for birthdays and such. Me not so good about that. But anyway, I open the packet and pull out a picture frame (it was upside down when I pulled it out so I could not see what was in it). I turn it over and it just took my breath away. It is a metal frame that says “Night Night, Sleep Tight” all the way around it. There is a place for 3 photos. In two of the spots for photos there is a picture of Emma, a picture of her mother and the third spot is blank with a note attached. The note reads “All Good Mothers take Care of Each others Children”. She also said she left the 3rd spot blank so I could choose what would go in there. And I have the perfect photo to put there. My mother just happen to take a picture right as my BF was putting the angel pin in my hand for Emma. So that is the picture that will go in the 3rd spot.

There are really not enough words to express to how much her gift means to me. I have yet to thank her because she is so very hard to get on the phone. And with a gift like this an e-mail or letter in my opinion is just not an option. I have to and want to thank her with words right from me. I have not tried her yet this morning because I need to be here alone at work. I know if I reach her I will start to cry and I really don’t want to do that here at work. I have had to stop writing this post a few times so that I don’t break down here at work.

I know I have promised pictures of things in the past and never got it done. But I am going to do my best to get the 3rd photo in the frame and take a picture of it to share.

And that last thing I have to say is if anybody has friends as good as she is to me please hold them close and let them know how much they are loved. People with great hearts and compassion are few and far between. So if you read this S before I get a hold of you I love you. Thank you for being my friend for all these years. And once again you have brought me to tears. If only there were more people like you in this world it would be a better place.

4 comments:

kate said...

what a wonderful friend she is!

Aurelia said...

Oh, how nice, how wonderful that friend is. I wish I had a friend that sensitive. And yes, please take a picture and share!

Anonymous said...

Ok so now we're even!!! I'm sitting here on the couch balling and hubby thinks I'm insane! I love you girl! You've given be back more than I've ever given you! Love you Mom and Emma! Take care of each other!

niobe said...

You are so lucky to have such a thoughtful, caring friend. And how lucky that you have a picture of her putting the angel pin in your hand. I'd love to see the picture.