Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Getting older

Monday is my Birthday. I will be 35 years old and honestly this does not bother me. Life goes by you get older that is just how it works. But every once in a while I hear something that makes me go Man you are old. This morning it was on my way to work. I was listening to the news and they were talking about the Sh.utt.le La.unch that is coming up. Once again they are sending a teacher into space. This teacher was the alternate for the Sp.ac.e Sh.utt.le Ch.all.en.ger.

So they then began to talk about the Sp.ac.e Sh.utt.le Ch.all.en.ger and the horrible accident. As the news anchor started talking about this she lead in with “it was 21 years ago that the Sp.ac.e Sh.utt.le Ch.all.en.ger exploded”. Once I heard that I said WOW I am getting old. It just does not seem like that could have been 21 years ago. I can still tell you what I was doing when it happened. I was in the 7th grade and our teacher had taken us to the Library so that we could watch the L.aun.ch on TV. But as soon as we seen that it had exploded we all ran outside and could see the falling debris. And honestly I still remember all of this like it was yesterday. It is funny how certain things stay so fresh in your memory.

Hearing things like that is what really make me realize my age. I know many people say this but I really don’t feel much older then I did when I was in my 20’s. I just look a little worse for wear. And I have to say the worse for wear look came on in the last 2 years. I attribute a lot of it to all the stress I went though.

So yeah 35 here I come and you don’t scare me one bit even if I am getting old.

4 comments:

Aurelia said...

I remember when the cha;;enger exploded. It was so sad. I was home sick from school and watching it live. Well, I watched it live all day over and over and over again.

35 isn't old, really! And I'm sure you don't even look worse for wear.

Happy Birthday!

kate said...

that was 21 years ago???? Damn, i feel old now! (i will be 35 in january)

oh, by the way, yes -- if there are sunflower seeds in the birdseed they will grow into sunflowers, unless they are eaten by the birds first!

kate said...

PS Happy Birthday!

niobe said...

You are so not getting old. (I can say that because I'm sooo much older) Happy birthday!