Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I have been crazy busy and my dad is better

I tried to update sooner but things have been a little crazy the last few days. Of course we have the normal stuff my two jobs, taking care of house and kids. Then we also had the first day of school this Monday the 20th so I have been running around trying to get everything for that. And last Friday the 17th was meet the teacher day. I spent most of Saturday in the ER. Gavin knocked he head on the coffee table and with in seconds he had an egg on his forehead. So I took him to the ER to make sure he did not do any damage. It was also his nap time and I was afraid to put him down after that. But after a few different doctors looking at him and a C.a.t S.ca.n they declared him normal. The only reason they did a C.a.t. S.ca.n was because of his age. He was acting fine but because he is under two and his skull has not hardened completely they made sure he did not crack it. And on Sunday since it was the last day before school we took the kids to U.niver.sal St.udio.s to play for a little bit. We figured Kirstin could have one last fun day before summer was all over. I did take some pictures that I will have to post once I get them developed.

And I was off yesterday from work but I had so much to do at home it was not even funny. Thankfully Gavin took a 3 hour nap and with Kirstin at school I got just about everything done!

So an update on my dad. After a few days he seemed to come to his senses. He is back to doing what he should do and trying to take care of himself and he is eating again. He has decided to go and have a bi.op.sy done. I just hope that turns out well. He is now on Oxygen 24/7 now but if he does what he is supposed to the doctor said he still has a good few years left in him. That is if nothing else happens like getting cancer or anything. So fingers crossed for the bi.op.sy. This has all been such a relief to me that he has stopped being so foolish. Thank you all so much who kept him in your thoughts. It does mean a lot to me. Now we just need to keep him in the frame of mind he is in right now.

Well I had best get back to work. I came in today after having Monday off. And it looked like my desk had exploded so I have been playing catch all day so far. This is why I can’t take a whole week at a time off. Nobody knows how to do my work so they just pile it up on my desk. It is nice to have the job security but it would also be nice to know that if I want to take a week off I could.

2 comments:

niobe said...

I'm so glad to hear that your dad is taking care of himself and that he's going to have the bi0psy.

You're under so much stress with the house and the jobs and the kids. I hope you are able to relax at least a little, though I know how hard it is.

Rosepetal said...

I'm sorry I missed this because I was away. I hope the biopsy results bring good news.