Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Father please keep him in your thoughts

It is looking as if my Father is just going to give up. As of yesterday he has stopped taking all of his medications, his breathing treatments and refuses to eat. He has asked everybody to just leave him only. He won’t talk to anybody not even when people call to talk with him. He refuses to call and or see any more doctors. I am just at a loss. I know he is sick and maybe he is just ready for it all to be done with but to watch him just give up I can’t do that.

My mother called me this morning and asked me how you get somebody to eat. I told her you can’t. The only thing I can come up is I told my mother to have him Bak.er Act.ed. I told her to call 911 and tell them that he is no longer able to make decisions for his self and have him Bak.er Act.ed. That is the only thing I can come up with that we might be able to get him to see his doctors, take his medications and eat.

I really feel that if the no.du.le they found is not cancer then if he does what he is supposed to he has some life left in him. How do you just sit and watch somebody give up and let them die. I can’t do this but I don’t know what I can do about it.

Why does it have to be this way? I mean I know he is going to die but to sit and do nothing I just can’t.

He is complaining again of the same symptoms that put him in the hospital last week but refused to go back to the hospital. They let him out late Monday night I wish they would have kept him a little longer. I wish they would have kept him and at least did a bi.op.sy on the no.du.le they found. At least that way it would have gotten done and we would know for sure.

My heart is breaking I just can’t do this. I just can’t watch him do this to his self. And I am angry because I don’t know what to do and I think I am just going to have to watch him die. I am just so lost, I can’t do this.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sweetie, how awful for you! I'm thinking of you and him too.

BIG huge hugs X

Anonymous said...

Anissa, I am sending you hugs in this time of need. I am keeping your father in my thoughts and prayers. Please know that I am always here for you - night or day.

(((hugs)))

Alexis

kate said...

i am so sorry! I will keep you all in my thoughts...(((((((hugs)))))

Aurelia said...

Hon,

This is so sad, especially because it might not even be cancer. It could be a thyroid nodule or a swollen gland from an infection, or just a benign lump.

Giving up before he even finds out is ridiculous, same with not eating. Can you call his Family Doctor? You are allowed to, you could tell them what's going on and maybe they could do something to help you get him to get help.

If your Mom won't call, you call. Take care, and let us know what happens.

The Goddess G said...

I'm so sorry for this. I'm keeping you in my thoughts...
~Carole

Pam said...

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know the pain all too well. My grandfather was very ill and the family had to make the decision for him to stop life support. It was a really tough decision but it was what we felt he would have wanted. He was in constant agony and had no quality of life. While your father's situation is different, your father is still able to make that decision for himself. As hard as it is to sit by and watch, it is still his decision. Take what time you have left with him and make some memories instead of trying to change his mind. My father died suddenly and I didn't have a chance to say goodbye, but I did have wonderful, recent memories of him that I will remember forever. Who knows, maybe in making those memories your father will realize that there are things worth fighting for and he might decide to seek treatment afterall!

Big big hugs to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Checking in with you to see how you are holding up and how your father is. THinking of you and your family.