Wednesday, August 29, 2007

They remind me everyday why I fought for them

Let the fun begin!! Gavin has found that hitting his sister can be fun. He does not hit hard enough to hurt her so it takes all I have not to laugh when it happens. It is so hard to discipline while trying not to laugh. And so the fighting begins with the kids. I never thought it would have started this early. I mean he will only be 15 months on the 1st. And last night he was out to get her.

It started when he had a board in his hand, he raised it to hit her and Tom took the board from him and told him no hit. Kirstin moved to the other side of the room beside me and he came after her with his hand in the air ready to slap her. I grabbed his hand and told him no but he was bound and determined he was going to get her. So after about 5 more attempts to get at her I picked him up so she could move. He was then slapping at the air at her. It was actually very comical. I finally let him down and he went after her again. Not to sure why he has all the sudden he has decided that hitting his sister is a fun thing to do. But even though it is comical I have to find a way to put a stop to it.

And speaking of Kirstin she cut her hair at school. Why do kids do this? I picked her up from school last Friday and next thing I know her teacher is chasing me out to the car. She said “I forgot to tell you that I found Kirstin and another little girl cutting their hair today”. She then handed me a baggie with Kirstin’s hair in it. So Kirstin now has some very uneven layers in her hair. And what stinks about this is she did this about a year ago and her hair was finally one length again.

And what I find even funnier about all this craziness with my kids is that I love it!! They make me realize everyday how lucky I am to have them. And why I fought so hard to get them here. While I was trying to make my family I was told by more then one person I should just stop. They all thought I was crazy for putting myself though so much hell. But if I would have stopped trying I would have not ended up with these two amazing children.

3 comments:

The Goddess G said...

I sat here chuckling just picturing Gavin swinging out at the air. Abba cut her hair once...luckily it was all near the back and she didn't go for the bangs. Love how the teacher put it in a bag for you...like you're gonna glue it back on. ;)
~Carole

niobe said...

Carole said just what I was thinking about the hair in a baggie.

I had something like a crewcut for a while when I was little. I'm not sure if it's because I liked cutting off pieces of my hair or because it turned into one huge snarl since I wouldn't let anyone brush it.

Pam said...

I'm so glad you didn't listen to the people who told you to stop! Your have 2 beautiful children and one sweet angel to love forever because of your perseverance and determination!!! They were worth fighting for!!! :)