Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Just can't get ahead

I give up trying to get ahead. I took this second job to try and get us ahead on bills but they just keep coming and coming. This weekend was so expensive. First the dog got sick. It sounded like her had Kennel cough. So Saturday we took him to the vet. They told us it could either be kennel cough or heart worms but they had no way of knowing unless they did X-rays and blood work. So $400.00 dollars later they told us he had a doggy cold. Can you believe $400.00 to be told he had a doggie cold. That just made me sick.

Then Gavin woke up about 10:00pm Saturday night and was just burning up. I took his temp and it was 105. So we took him to the after hours pediatrics. One $50.00 dollar copay later we were told her had a double ear infection. As of last night he was still holding his ears and running a very high fever. So today he will go to the Doctor again. They will probably have to change the meds he is on since I don’t think they are working.

So $450.00 out the door in one day! How in the world are we ever going to catch up when things like this keep happening. It is all just so frustrating!

So as soon as the Doctor opens this morning I have to call and get Gavin in and see what they have to say this time.

1 comment:

niobe said...

I know exactly what you mean. You think you've budgeted for everything, then something unexpected happens and you're scrambling to find the money to pay for it.

Poor Gavin. I hope they're able to find a treatment that actually helps.