Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I can't stad waiting for answers

I am just beside myself waiting on the results of K’s blood work from yesterday. I know with myself when they did blood work while I was PG the Doctor had the results in two days. So I told my husband that if we don’t here anything by Wed. I am calling the Doctor first thing Thursday morn.

I have been fighting guilt over all of this also. Like with everything else that has to do with my children I have been playing the blame game with myself. You know what I mean. If this test comes back bad I blame myself since I had GD. I keep saying well if I did not have GD then she would have been ok. Even though I know better then to blame myself I just can’t stop. I know there was a lot more then that for this to be a possibility. I mean we are both high risk anyway. Diabetes runs very high in my family and in Tom’s. There is Diabetes on both side of the family.

Then there is Gavin the soonest they can get me in is Oct. 30th with the urologist. If I wanted a Friday appt. (I am off on Friday so I try to make all doctors appts. on Friday) it would have been the end of November. I mean come on is there really that many children that need to see an urologist. Good thing this is not something that needs immediate attention. Although I do feel like it is something that should be taken care of quickly. And of course the only Children’s urologist is a 45 min. drive from my house so I will need to take most of the day off that day.

These two things have me so worried I just want to get them done and over with. All this waiting is making me crazy. I want to know all the answers now!!

2 comments:

niobe said...

It's so hard not to blame yourself, even when you know, logically, that it's not your fault at all.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with this stress right now. It's impossible not to worry when it comes to your children's health. The fact that there may be medical issues for both of them makes it twice as bad. The long wait just makes it worse. Let us know the results of K's blood test when you get them.

The Goddess G said...

Hoping that you get the results back soon. Waiting is just so hard. And of course...I'm hoping and praying for the numbers to be good as well.

Thinking of you...
~Carole