Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thank goodness

I am breathing a little easier today. I just checked on K’s blood work and it came back normal. I now just want to find out what the number was exactly. I also think I just might need to get a new monitor. It gave Tom a very high fasting reading the other day also. So I wonder if the monitor is just off. I guess I will get a new one and take a few more fasting on Tom and see what we get. I also wonder if the numbers came back normal since we have already made some changes in her diet. Because that could be the case. I did tell my parents that if the numbers came back normal that they are to stick to the new diet changes. I know first hand that even if you have pre-diabetes and you change things in your diet you can get good sugar readings. So I really don’t want to take the chance and let things go back to the way they were.

But needless to say one weight has been lifted off of me today. There is still that small fear in the back about the readings I have been getting on her. But at least I know for now she is fine. And I will just have to keep a good watch over her. And that I will do because that is my job. To watch out for my children and do my best to make sure they are safe and healthy. And I must say even as scared as I am sometimes I would not trade this job for anything.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew! I was start to get kind of worried, so I can't imagine how you were feeling. I am so glad that her levels came back normal. Let's hope it stays that way!

niobe said...

What a huge relief. I'm so glad to hear it. And good for you for making clear to your parents that they need to stick to the new diet. I hope they listen.

Aurelia said...

That is a relief!

Before you throw out the monitor though, ask if they have different levels for kids vs. adults. Some things do, and that may be why it came back differently on the blood tests.

(But don't tell your parents, keep them thinking they need to stick to the new diet!)

Rosepetal said...

Sorry I am late in commenting. I'm so glad you got normal results back for K. I hope your parents will change their habits with K from now on.

Sassymama said...

Anissa great to find you!!!