Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The monitor was bad

Yes I have a bad monitor. I went this weekend and bought a new sugar monitor. I have taken about 5 readings on myself and Tom. My old monitor is off by about 13 points. But that still is putting Tom in the pre-diabetic range. And needless to say I am not surprised. My husband is very heavy and needs to lose about 90lbs if not a little more. I just wish I could get him to understand how serious his weight is. He could care less. I have been trying to get him to go the Doctor but he won’t go because he knows they will tell him to lose weight. I bet if he would lose at least 30lbs his sugar levels would improve. But I can’t make him go I just hope he wakes up to the fact that diabetes is not a good thing to have.

But I have to say just how thankful I am that Kirstin is ok. I got the numbers from her blood test and her fasting was 74!!! What a great number and her urine dip showed no sugar or kidney problems. So she is healthy but I will not have my parents go back to the way things were. Point blank she does not need all the sugar that she eats over there. And so far they have been doing better.

Now I have to get to Oct. 30th for Gavin’s appt. with the urologist. I still can’t believe how far away I had to make that appt. I just hope that after the first appt. that things can move along quickly. I just want this all done and over with and to find out what is going to happen.

7 comments:

niobe said...

I'm glad that you got a more accurate monitor.

About your husband: it is very hard to get people to understand how serious diabetes is. Many people have the totally mistaken impression that all it means is that you have to get some shots.

Sassymama said...

Praise the Lord K's numbers are good! Tom really needs to look at his weight adn the possible healthy problems for him down the road. Have you tried the approach that you want him here for a long time for both you and the kids? God bless! Sabin

AJW5403 said...

Sabin I have tired many differnt approaches on Tom to try and get him to want to lose some weight. But nothing seems to work. He did lose some last year because he had a bet with some people but once the bet was over so was the weight loss. I would take any suggestions that anybody might have that might work for him.

Lily said...

I'm just so glad K's #'s were great! What a huge relief that is!

Anonymous said...

Oh Anissa, what are you going through at the moment! You're husband will be hard work, men usually are hen it comes to dieting, but if he needs to you must do all you can to convince him. I wish you luck my dear, I'm thinking of you and hoping all these health issues resolve very soon. HUGS my friend XXXXX

Pam said...

I am so happy that K's bloodwork came back normal. That's one thing that you don't have to worry about anymore! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that things go well with Gavin at the Urologist too!

Take Care!

The Goddess G said...

So glad that it was the monitor...still scary about the pre-diabetic range. I don't think most people take it as seriously as they should...I know my husband doesn't...even though there is a huge family history.

Glad that K's tests came back awesome!!!
~Carole