Monday, March 24, 2008

I am now in pushy patient mode

I have decided that today I am going to call my Doctor and have him run my labs again before we start treatment. There is a chance that my body could clear this virus on it’s own. The chance is small but it is there. So before I go sticking my self with a needle I want to make sure we really have to do it.

They told me it could take up to a month to get my meds it all depends on how friendly my insurance company is. They told me most of the time the insurance company gives them a hard time and they have to jump through hoops to get the meds. I also have questions about the meds.

The meds have to be kept cold and they mail these meds to you. So what happens when they deliver the meds while I work and the box sits out all day in the Florida sun. So I need to see if I can have them shipped to my work or to my mother’s house where somebody is home all day.

I have a feeling I am going to drive these doctors crazy. I am not one just to sit back and let them make all the calls. I am very proactive when it comes to my health and I will question them on things and let them know what I think is best for me. After doing tons of research I already know more then the Doctors nurse practitioner. I told him to never have her speak to me again she is just an idiot. She would tell me something so wrong and I would correct and she would argue with me. Then the Doctor came in and confirmed I was right on everything I had said and she was wrong. She had better go back to school because she is about to get schooled by me. The stupid patient who knows more then she does. Maybe I should ask for her job.

So when the Doctor’s office opens at 9:00am I will start my calling. And the Dr. had better call me back fast or I will drive them up the wall.

1 comment:

Rosepetal said...

I have not been checking for a while. I'm really sorry you have this blood disease on top of everything else. I hope the treatment works or your body beats it on its own. Lots of hugs.