Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Don't know what to do

Last week my Dr. was already to start me right up with treatment. This week he has changed his mind and I am not sure how comfortable I am with his new decision. He now wants to wait 3 months to see if by some chance I clear this on my own. And yes I do know there is a small chance for that. But also with the research I have read the sooner we start while I am acute the better my chances of clearing this.

I have also read research that says because I am female, under 40 and went as far to show severe jaundice (billiruban level of 6.9) that my chance of spontaneous clarence is even a little higher. But I am feeling why take the chance because if I don’t clear it on my own then my chances of clearing this at all are lowered. I am just not sure what to do with his new decision. I have a follow up appt. with him to discuss all of this on April 23rd. He is going out of town and this is the soonest I could get in.

Should I just wait until April 23rd to talk with him or start looking for a new doctor? I mean on one hand I really don’t want to take the treatments unless I really have to. But I also don’t want to wait to long and take the chance of lowering my clearance chances. I mean right now I only have a really low viral load. That I think would put me at a great chance to kick this thing. And I did want the doctor to check my labs one more time before we started treatments just to make sure I did not clear this by some chance. But I don’t think I want to wait it out for 3 months.

I am really confused and have so much just swirling around in my head.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Maybe a second opinion is in order. That way you will feel comfortable with whatever decision you need to make. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Kim

Lily said...

Did your doctor explain to you what has transpired in the last week that made him change his mind? I'd want him to list for me all the specifics of why he wants to wait.

Personally, I agree with what you've read, and don't see a clear reason to wait to start treatment.

Have you done any research into good Gastros in your area?